April 10, 2012
A Man Whose Conscience is Clear
The Duško Kondor Civil Courage Award is given to Budimir Budo Koprivica
The Duško Kondor Civil Courage Award is given to Budimir Budo Koprivica because, although aware of the risks, he expressed his civil courage as follows:
- From April 1992, risking his life, in Mostar and in Carina, he protected those who were persecuted on religious and ethnic grounds, as well as their property against theft and destruction.
- Risking to be shot, he defended and protected the very valuable property of his neighbours.
- In April 1992, he saved two of his fellow citizens, mother and daughter, from being raped.
- He let the endangered women and children from his street in Mostar use his summer house in Dalmatia.
- Right after the war, he was one of the first returnees and used his own example to encourage others to return to Mostar.